ToP 10 SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS
Social media has managed to become an integral part of our lives in a short time. What started as a medium to stay in touch with friends and family soon became a Channel for brands and businesses to connect with their target audience through well-crafted social media trends that have emerged and evolved over the years. Adapting to these new and upcoming trends is what helps businesses keep abreast of the fierce competition. In these recent years, the impact of social media has gone so far from An Entertaining Platform to a fully integrated part of nearly every aspect of daily life for many.
“Social media isn’t a utility. It’s not like power or water where all people care about is whether it works. Young people care about what using one platform or another says about them.”–Jonah Berge
Now let us see the 10 most followed Social Media Trends till now…
Table 1 Showing Top Trends
|Social Media Trends to Be Continued|
|1.||Live Streaming Continues to Thrive|
|2.||Growing Demand of Social Media Chatbot|
|3.||More Brand are Adapting to VR and AR Technologies|
|4.||Influencers Marketing is Evolving|
|5.||Twitter Turning into Trustworthy News Portal|
|6.||Video Content continues to Bloom|
|7.||Instagram Stories for Strategic Marketing|
|8.||Audio Chat is taking the World by Strom|
|9.||Paid Advertising will become a Necessity|
User-generated Content still remains on Top
Let’s see them one by one briefly:-
- live Streaming was not very much popular till this pandemic occurred. Live video content flooded over the internet in 2020. In fact, live video content has become so popular that roughly 95% of brand executives say it will be a crucial part of their 2022 marketing strategy. Face-to-face meetings turned into Zoom conferences and live concerts turned into live streams of artists playing from their homes to prevent COVID-19. As a result most popular social media channels have implemented live streaming options. A majority of social media experts are asked brands to focus on video marketing for a while now, there is no doubt that live videos on social media are going to gain much popularity in 2022 and on.
- Internet chatbots have been around for a long time. Now chatbots are being integrated with social media platforms. This trend is growing at a rapid rate from 33,000 to more than 1,00,000. Luckily, chatbots in 2022 and beyond are not here to waste people’s time but to bring quicker resolutions to the table. AI-powered chatbots can understand your queries and concerns and offer you the best solutions within seconds. A recent survey said that roughly 80% of marketing are going to take advantage of these tools from 2022 n onwards.
- The next exceptional technology trend is AR Nd VR. VR immerses the user in an environment while AR enhances their environment. Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) are currently social media trends as brands try to offer an exciting user experience. Many e-commerce companies have adapted to AR-powered shopping. Platforms like Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook allow users to try on hundreds of different filters to click images or create videos or share them across. Hopefully, in the future, VR and AR technology will become wholly mainstream and enhance the user experience by many folds.
- Influencer marketing isn’t a new concept either. But the way that it’s being used on social media channels is definitely changing. Bigger Brands are expected to collaborate with influencers over a series of social media promotion posts to increase their credibility. Research shows that micro-influencers have 60% higher engagement rates and they are cost-effective compared to other advertising expenses. They know their followers trust their opinions, so they don’t hesitate to spend money on influencer marketing. Going forward, more and more marketers will use this strategy and work with multiple smaller influencers instead of one celebrity.
Social Media Platform
- While platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are primarily used as entertainment platforms where users can enjoy lighthearted banter, Twitter always reserved the spot for serious talks on various topics of interest. Twitter is one site that has always prioritized news stories from around the world. However, the authenticity of such news stories was not 100% in the past, which led to controversies. In the coming years, Twitter is expected to keep a stricter check on fake news and allow only those that are 100% authentic and from reliable news sources. Twitter is now expected to rise as a mainstream news media platform and increase participation from people.
- Video content is the undisputed king of social media content. According to a survey YouTube itself has 1 billion hours of content a day. Platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, and Tik-Tok are heavy on video content – each with its own personality. Video content is perhaps the most engaging form of content right now, and it is here to stay in the long run. In fact, brands are rapidly shifting to video content and prioritizing it over written content and images. After the massive success of the video-based app, Instagram has also introduced a similar feature in its platform very recently, called “Reels”, that allows users to record and share short videos. Hopefully, more social apps will introduce additional features that’ll support video content creation in the coming days. According to social studies by 2022, 87% of all online content will be video content.
- More than 500M users interact with Instagram Stories every day. 50% of Instagram users learn about a brand’s products through the story feature. Instagram Stories allows you to feature. Brands will need to take a more organized approach and plan for Stories as a content format for their publishing if they aren’t already doing so. More importantly, the use of video as Stories will increase since they appear to outperform photos. A Social studyfound that images in Stories have a 5.65% higher tap-forward rate than videos. Tap-forward rate is the number of people who saw your Story and moved on to the next one before finishing it. Brands are increasingly turning to IG Stories to add variety to their content and keep things fresh. Stories offer a rich resource for brand marketing that you’d be silly to overlook.
- Audio chat platforms like Clubhouse and Twitter’s Spaces are new coming. Clubhouse is becoming incredibly popular among users, particularly to Android users. Since Clubhousewas launched in 2020, it has become increasingly popular. Expect more vocality from users, and more socially driven changes from communities – with brands adapting quickly to react. Marketing solutions offer social listening tools to help brands analyze the various audiences. In the meantime, many brand managers and c-suite executives are already taking part in Clubhouse conversations, bridging the gap between brand and consumer in a unique forum. There’s going to be a whole lot more of this social media trend as the year stretches on.
- According to 2022 Social Media Trends survey, more than 40% of respondents indicated that the decline in organic reach and the need to spend more on paid advertising were their biggest challenges. Considering that the average organic reach for a Facebook post is just slightly over 5% according to Hootsuite’s data, it makes sense why paid advertising will become a necessity. Pay-per-click advertising, branded or influencer-generated content, and display ads are all examples of paid social media. You’ll know a paid social media advertising when you see one based on the “sponsored” or “promoted” tag near the post. As such, paid social media on each platform differs, and should, depending on the campaign and audience
User Generated content
- User-generated content (UGC) is any form of content generated by users on social media. Many brands have started leveraging UGC. Some brands Olay or Dove motivate their customers to create content and tag the brand for a chance to get featured on their page. User-generated content is free and is considered much more authentic and trustworthy. The first benefit is that they can cut on the marketing budget of branded content by displaying UGC, and second, it allows them to bring customers to the forefront and make them feel valued. In the coming days, brands will encourage their customers for UGC to boost their engagement rate further
Based on the research I found, I pen down the top ten social media trends to keep your eye on in 2022.
Till now what I have come across is that there are a number of trends that we have followed and will rule the year 2022 and it will have a massive impact on us, the users as well as the Brand of these trends. We will see more people and brands leveraging on upcoming Trends to stay ahead in the Competition. Developments in social media are constantly changing. So as a marketer, you have to stay up to date with the latest trends to keep your finger on the pulse and effectively reach the target audience. The biggest change we can see is the short-form video content. While Instagram and Twitter will continue to be important, 2022 might just be the year for smaller networks like Pinterest and Snapchat.
Written by :
Channel was developed for Learning New About Artificial Intelligence , Machine Learning and With Innovative Project Ideas. Channel has Following Playlists
- Futuristic Versions of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Lecture Series Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Tricks for Maths and Science
- Practical Machine Learning
- UseFul Facts
- How To Do Ph.D. In Three Years
- Lecture Series :Digital Electronics
- Lecture Series:Tanner Tool
Channel link: https://www.youtube.com/c/TechDoctorIN
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=AyrId_EAAAAJ&hl=en
TechDoctorIn is a very useful educational channel run by Dr. Pawan Whig Senior IEEE Member. The content is verified by him at it is very useful.
Dr. Pawan Whig