The reason for not taken PHD seriously are multiple, not a single , applied differently for different folks.
- Social – Once a guys/girls turns 21–22 their family start talking about marriage.
- Economical – After completing bachelor or master degree, family and peer pressure is high to get handsome salary
- Quality of College for Phd – In India very few college provide quality research, as there is not to guide them. Mostly past Phd holders are lot of profession, teach profession taken up Phd to get promotions and designation in Govt. college rather then real interest of doing research and find something new.
- Grants for Phd by Govt. and Corporate – Still very limited amount of funding is available for Research, so folks doing research take 20–50K max money, and if its married person ( peer pressure), he can’t afford family with that amount so avoid Phd
- Opportunity – Most of the Phd hold go in professor/ teaching job, then any corporate job, so there are not enough well paid / lucrative job available to them.
- Family/ Kids/ Relatives – A person after marriage still think of marriage but due to social event,s kids education, care take and various social pressure and financial issue, he can’t get into Phd/ Research, after marriage.
In recent few years, trends is little bit changing, but with such a high population country amount of research done for various problem faced in Indians are negligable.
Slowly collective efforts of Corporate, Social Mindset changing, Govt. no of Phd holder and research can increase in India in coming days.
For any consultation regarding research you may contact