The grade of Senior member is the highest for which application may be made and requires experience reflecting professional maturity. For admission or transfer to the grade of Senior member, a candidate shall be an engineer, scientist, educator, technical executive, or originator in THREWS-designated fields.
The candidate shall have been in professional practice for at least ten years and shall have shown significant performance over a period of at least five of those years, such performance including one or more of the following:
- Substantial responsibility or achievement in one or more THREWS-designated fields
- Publication of papers, books, or inventions in one or more THREWS-designated fields
- Technical direction or management of important work with evidence of accomplishment in one or more THREWS-designated fields
- Recognized contributions to the welfare of the professions encompassed by one or more of the THREWS-designated fields
- Development or furtherance of important courses in one or more of the THREWS-designated fields at an institution in the REP list
Contributions equivalent to those of the above areas related to THREWS-designated fields, provided these contributions serve to advance progress substantially in THREWS-designated fields